Mallorca simply has it all, wrapped up in one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean, which is why it is top of the list of desirable places for people from all over the world.
Indeed, The Sunday Times recently voted it “The best place to live in the world”*
- The Mediterranean climate provides endless long, warm and sunny days throughout the year
- Beautiful, varied scenery, from the vineyards on the plains to the majestic Mountains of the Tramuntana, with long sandy beaches and gently shelving bays to stunning cliff top vistas
- Cosmopolitan attitude has welcomed residential foreigners for more than 40 years, with English widely spoken
- Unspoilt by overdevelopment, unlike the mainland of Spain
- Cheap flights served by most UK airports, taking only around 2½ hours
- Impressive medical and dentistry facilities, with private health insurance much cheaper than the UK
- A stable property market, buyers buy to enjoy the property not to speculate, so never suffered the alarming oversupply that caused the mainland market to drop so dramatically in the recession
- This limit by successive governments to maintain supply with demand has resulted in Mallorca property having a premium price over many destinations, but also guarantees your investment is safe
- More than 24 golf courses, 25 marinas and an endless choice of sports and leisure activities both on land and in the water
- A delicious range of restaurants in both budget and menu, not forgetting the award-winning local wines
- The capital of the island, Palma, is a truly majestic and cosmopolitan city offering sophistication and history in equal amounts
- Last but not least, read your British newspaper with your coffee on the day it’s published, whilst sitting in the sunshine!
Mallorca Property Market in 2021
Following the restrictions of the past months caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, since people from the key markets for property on Mallorca, i.e Germany, Great Britain and Scandinavia have been able to visit again, there has been a considerable amount of activity and the property market is booming!